- Licensees shall discharge their duties with fidelity to the public and to their clients, with fairness and impartiality to all.
- Opinions expressed by licensees shall be based only on their education, experience, and honest convictions.
- A licensee shall not disclose any in formation about the results of an inspection without the approval of the client for who the inspection was performed, or the client’s designated representative.
- No licensee shall accept compensation or any other consideration from more than one interested party for the same service without the consent of all interested parties.
- No licensee shall compensate, either financially or through other services or benefits, realty agents or other parties with a financial interest in closing or settlement of real estate transactions for the following:
A) Referral of inspection; or B) Inclusion on a list of recommended inspection or preferred provides.
- No licensee shall express, within the context of an inspection, an appraisal or opinion of the market value of the inspected property.
- Before the execution of a contract to perform a home inspection, a licensee shall disclose to the client any interest he or she has in a business that may affect the client. No licensee
shall allow his or her interest in any business to affect the quality or results of the inspection work that the licensee may be called upon to perform.
- A licensee shall not solicit for repairs of systems or components found defective in the course of a home inspection performed by the licensee or that licensee’s company.
- Licensees shall not engage in false or misleading advertising or otherwise misrepresent any matters to the public.
- Licensees shall not inspect properties under contingent arrangements whereby any compensation or future referrals are dependent on reported findings or on the sale of a property.